Tuesday 18 January 2011

In a Galaxy far, far away... the fashion is amazing ♥

You didn't think I would forget to mention Natalie Portman in Star Wars did you? Well the truth is I have been a massive Star Wars fan ever since I was little... I say I was a massive fan, more like I was seriously obsessed and thought that I was Princess Leia *blushes*. So you can imagine when The Phantom Menace was released and stills of Natalie in her iconic red Queen Amidala costume were all over the internet, I was just in awe. I already loved her from seeing her in Léon (yes I was allowed to watch it at a young age as my Dad was pretty cool when it came to letting me watch films he thought were artistic and from which I could learn from, even though they may have been a little violent) so seeing her in the new Star Wars trilogy was just something I was really ecstatic about! I have always been quite an escapist and I have quite an imagination so I have always been drawn to films that have amazing sets and that are in their own little worlds; I just love to be drawn into something that is so far away from daily life (please excuse the pun). I have always been fixated by amazing costumes, it's one thing that can really get my vote when it comes to a film. I hope to one day to work in the fashion industry myself, so costumes are one thing that I am constantly aware of. Which brings me to the reason for this post, which is mainly a visual one celebrating the absolutely stunning and beautiful costumes Natalie wears as her character, Padmé Amidala, throughout Star Wars I, II and III


Star Wars I: The Phantom Menace




In this picture Natalie is actually on the right, and the Queen is a decoy, played by none other than Keira Knightley ♥








Star Wars II: Attack of the Clones











I think this photo was actually used as a Vogue cover ♥




I love how throughout the second film Natalie's costumes start to head more into the direction of 'Princess Leia' style; like mother like daughter ♥








Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith









*ahem* a sneaky picture of Ewan McGregor managed to make its way in here ♥



So beautiful, this costume was inspired by Millais Ophelia painting ♥



No comments:

Post a Comment