Monday 24 January 2011

Something Wicked Comes this way...

The Wizard of Oz has been a favourite film of mine for a long, long time, ever since I was little. So you can imagine my excitement when the lovely musical Wicked (the untold story of the Witches of Oz) came to the West End, and then my disappointment when nearly everyone I knew went to see it without me... That being said I do believe that everything happens for a reason - but if I'm really honest then I do admit that I only started thinking that about this particular situation when I found out that the lovely Lee Mead had been cast in it! Lee won the starring role of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat on Andrew Lloyd Webber's tv show Any Dream Will Do, and he was my favourite to win right from the get go. Sadly I did not get the chance to see him in that show, but next Saturday I WILL be getting to see him in Wicked when I go down to London for my birthday, Yippeeeee
Also starring in Wicked in the lead role of Elphaba is the lovely Rachel Tucker, who also appeared in a Lloyd Webber series, I'd Do Anything, the winner getting to star as Nancy in a West End production of Oliver. I think she got to the semi-finals, and I remember the judges constantly questioning her about being on the show, competing against amateurs when she already had a professional career in theatre. Although she did not win she was still amazing, and obviously has gone onto bigger things. I cannot wait to see both Rachel and Lee in Wicked

Even though my Wicked weekend is only a few days away, I cannot contain my excitement because not only am I going to be seeing this lovely musical, I am also going to be meeting up with my bestest best and Midnight Picture Show other-half, Natasha, who happens to be in London the same weekend! We have lots planned and I have been trying to convince her to get Wicked tickets too! Anyway, to keep me distracted until then, I have been enjoying the film that inspired the musical












1 comment:

  1. oh my god i LOVE The Wizard of Oz it's one of my favourites >_< x x

    ReplyDelete