Thursday 3 February 2011

Zooey in Oz ♥

So carrying on with all things Oz, after seeing Wicked you could say I have been slightly addicted to watching other Wizard of Oz-style films. I'm the type of person who goes through certain phases of what I want to watch, and once I'm into a particular genre that becomes the priority when I come to put something on. I first came across Tin Man about 2 years ago when I was at Uni, and although it looked like a very typical 'Sci Fi' programme, I was still drawn to it as it starred the one and only Zooey Deschanel, and it looked pretty! I finally found it in a WHSmiths for £10, and then took it home that weekend to watch with my sister, and I was not disappointed by it at all! Tin Man has a really good take on the original story and the actors are really good. The sets and costumes are great, and overall the style is beautiful, like a run down, edgier version of the original. The only thing about it that I found a shame was you can tell that with a bigger budget the effects could have been better, but don't let that put you off because they did an amazing job with what they had








No comments:

Post a Comment